Tuesday, June 5, 2012

This is Why I Hate The Oregonian

It is amazing how a little thing, going on from week to week, month to month, year to year, can slowly make you crazy.

Here in Portland, The Oregonian delivers a free Food Day newspaper to my neighborhood - it comes in a non-recyclable plastic bag.

For years, I have removed the paper from the plastic bag and put the paper in the recycling and put the plastic bag in the garbage can.  Week after week, the same thing...

Not infrequently, I have to crawl to the back of the flower bed to retrieve said paper, because the driveway is apparently too small a target for the paper delivery person to hit.

Personally, I don't believe in reading newspapers. I think it is a waste and it is not my lifestyle. Some people enjoy it but not me. I prefer to get my news off the internet, so no trees are harmed and there is nothing to recycle.

I've called The Oregonian MANY times to ask them to stop delivering this paper, but to no success.

While I'm sure some high school student is better off for having this paper delivery job - I'm sure they are also smart enough to not deliver a paper to someone that doesn't want one. 


Perhaps I should just be thankful I didn't have to crawl through the flower bed to get this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment