Monday, June 25, 2018

Tupa Time! Or the Tupa that Ate My Garden

One of the favorite things in my garden hands down is Lobelia tupa and this is her time to really shine.

I've written about her before back in June 2013. Now she's the size of a small Volkswagen.

Due to the open gardens I had earlier this spring, I didn't prune her back at all and she's quite impressive at the moment! She's crowding out my entry way, so I'll need to make some adjustments at some point.

I'd love to encourage every gardener to give this plant a try, she's beautiful!

Lobelia tupa in 2013

Lobelia tupa in 2018


3 comments:

  1. If I ever have a more sizeable garden, I'm planting some of this...and Macleaya...and...oh, the list is too long ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I planted, it did nothing, then died. Repeat. Repeat. Now I just stare at your plant and wonder why I’ve failed...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my Lobelia tupa. Everyone needs one.

    ReplyDelete