Tuesday, April 15, 2014

So the Peonies Begin...

I get so excited when my peonies start blooming. It's hard to contain myself.

They bloom for such a short time, but I sure love them in my garden.

Asshole BugSlug is back. I had previously baited for slugs, but just noticed that the buds of 'Shima Nishiki' were being eaten again. Boy that's aggravating!

So one night I went out after dark and found an earwig on the stem of the plant. That earwig immediately met "The Big Earwig in the Sky". Then just to be safe, I used a not so good, but effective on earwigs, pesticide. 

Here are a few of the early flowering tree peonies.

Paeonia suffruticosa 'Seidei 聖代' (Glorious Reign Tree Peony)
Paeonia ostii 'Feng Dan Bai 鳳丹白' (Phoenix White Tree Peony)
Paeonia suffruticosa
Paeonia ostii 'Feng Dan Bai 鳳丹白' (Phoenix White Tree Peony) looking lovely.
Paeonia delaveyi - A baby on the far right poking out?
Nobody nibbles my buds and gets away with it!
Paeonia suffruticosa 'Seidei 聖代'
Paeonia lutea var. ludlowii
Paeonia ostii 'Feng Dan Bai 鳳丹白' buds are popping.
Paeonia suffruticosa 'Seidei 聖代'
Paeonia suffruticosa 'Seidei 聖代'
Paeonia suffruticosa 'Seidei 聖代'
Paeonia suffruticosa 'Shima Nishiki岛锦' with bug nibbles on the bud.


3 comments:

  1. My excitement will have to be deferred for a while, but I'll enjoy yours while I'm waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. 圣代的花也很漂亮。我觉得圣代是一颗很好的牡丹花。 黑豹也有特别的叶子。

      Delete