Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Gratuitous Peony Pics

It's that time of year, when I can't help myself and have to take lots of pictures of peonies.

In early spring, I was quite sure that I wasn't going to get any more peony plants this year.  That lasted until I saw the first tree peonies for sale at the local nursery. I bought three...

I was also quite sure that I was not going to make the pilgrimage to Adleman Peony Garden outside Salem this year. But I took a friend last weekend and ended up with two plants and then two more plants after I saw the cut flowers. (More about that in a separate post)

For now, here are some of the ones currently blooming:

Peonies everywhere!
Paeonia lactiflora 'Leslie Peck'
Paeonia lactiflora 'Coral Charm'
Paeonia lactiflora 'Red Charm' busting out.
Paeonia lactiflora 'Red Charm' with 'Prairie Moon'
Paeonia x Itoh 'Callie's Memory'
Paeonia lactiflora 'Rivida'
Paeonia lactiflora 'Bowl of Beauty'
Paeonia lactiflora 'Double Red'
Paeonia lactiflora 'Félix Crousse'
Noid White
Paeonia lactiflora 'Prairie Moon'
Paeonia lactiflora 'Jean Ericksen'
Paeonia lactiflora 'Cream Puff'


 

No comments:

Post a Comment