Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Hmmm... Something's Not Quite Right Here!?!

I've complained about plant tags before. Every once in a while you get a mis-marked plant, something you were not quite expecting or flat out the wrong plant.

It could be something as simple as the wrong name, incorrect growing height/size, or wrong color flower.

Sometimes it's a good surprise and sometimes it's a disappointment.

This happened recently with a tree peony I bought this spring. I found a healthy plant with a bud that looked good, so that was the plant I selected. It is so much more fun to get to see your plant flower the first year! 

The tag was large and showed a lovely dark flower, similar to another flower I already had and loved.

When it bloomed recently, the actual flower was very different than what the tag looked like.

Even though I was expecting something different, I was still very happy with the flower color.

Looks really dark red right?!?
Suspiciously different...
Paeonia suffruticosa 'Koukamon 皇嘉门'


No comments:

Post a Comment