Monday, June 16, 2014

Dayglow Cactus?!?

I broke the handle on my shovel digging out a magnolia stump this weekend and needed a new one.

So, I was walking though the houseplant section of a big box hardware store, I always like to peek at what they have, because you never know what you will find.

Every once in a while they have a nice orchid, houseplant or cactus that I just can't pass up.

I was stopped dead in my tracks when I saw the following "cactus".

They were painted with something, which makes me wonder if they can even get any sunlight through all that neon paint.

All they need is little dyed straw flowers on them and we're all set! 

Poor things! I wanted to take them all home for a bath.



3 comments:

  1. I've read about these but thankfully not ever seen them with my own eyes. I don't think I could handle it. Screaming would probably happen. It's just a darn crime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious and terrifying. This has to be at a Home Depot - not to name names, but I did plant merchandising for them at one point and recognize this grower's product. Never had the misfortune of running into these poor things, though. ): But I was notorious for pulling strawflowers off cacti when no one was looking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As an earth conscious consumer, I'm always worried about all the useless crap humans create, this runs in that category. Taking a lovely living thing and screwing it up...

      Delete