Thursday, June 19, 2014

What's Blooming in June!

So many flowers blooming!  Here is selection for June Bloom Day!

A lone Nymphaea 'Sioux' flower.
Lilium 'Tiny Hope' (Dwarf Asiatic Lily)
Coreopsis (Tickseed)
Asclepias incarnata 'Soulmate' (Milkweed)
Asclepias speciosa (Showy Milkweed)
View across the front yard.
Unknown Rose
Inula magnifica - Living up to it's name.
Campanula glomerata alba
Filipendula ulmaria 'Flore Pleno' (Meadow Queen)
Linaria purpurea (Toadflax)
 

Erigeron speciosus 'Blue Beauty' (Fleabane)
Bletilla straita var alba
Lobelia tupa - Always a beauty!
Salvia patens (Gentian Sage) - I thought you had expired over winter!
Asclepias tuberosa 'Gay Butterflies' & Salvia greggii 'Wild Thing'?
Lots of bud stalks on the Adam's Needle!
Pinus monophylla (Single Leaf Pinyon Pine) adding 8-12' of growth this year!


2 comments:

  1. I bet the wildlife is going nuts over your buffet! If you don't mind - where did you find your Asclepia speciosa? I've been looking all spring... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly enough, I don't recall. I bought it in 2010 and suspect it might have been an Annie's Annuals plant that I picked up at Portland Nursery. If you can't find one - I know there is one seedling growing, we might be able to dig out (it came up through the middle of another plant). Or I can give some seeds in the fall.

      Delete