Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Name That Crispy?!?

I thought my garden had weathered the recent arctic blast pretty well. I am now seeing that that may not quite be the case.

Some of the plants I thought had made it through with flying colors are now showing their damage.
Callistemon pallidus now looks a bit sad and dried out.
There are a few shrubs I was sure would be dead, that now seem to be "okay" (but with some damage).

Pittosporum tobira 'Wheeler's Dwarf' - the undergrowth seems to be holding on.

Wondering through the garden, I have been playing a new game called "What's that Crispy". I'm sure a lot of other Portland gardeners are playing the same game! 

This is a two for one!
 
I guess the lession learned is that only time and spring will tell what is really alive and what is a gonner. I'm going to stop speculating and just see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, that's so sad :-( I didn't really think anything would get damaged during the cold spell...but I forgot one of the grasses (that I have quite a few of) seem to have all been killed. While I should be sad, I'm kind of excited thinking of replacements! I hope your plants pull through!

    ReplyDelete